Grand Opening of St. Francis Bookshop
This afternoon we celebrated the Grand Opening of the Saint Francis Bookshop's new location here in Cincinnati. Since 1950 the shop had been in the Over the Rhine area across the street from Saint Francis Seraph Friary, our provincial headquarters. Times have changed and the bookshop was running into hard times. The on-line sales were not enough to makeup for the loss of drop in trade. So a new sight was sought and found where business has picked up well.
Auxiliary Bishop Carl Moeddel of Cincinnati (pictured on the left being interviewed by Toni Cashnelli, our Provincial Director of Communications) blessed and dedicated the new store. Bishop Moeddel had worked at the old shop before he entered the seminary. The Bishop was assisted by our Provincial Minister, Fr. Fred Link, O.F.M. (with the microphone) and Fr. Jeremy Harrington, O.F.M. who is presently the Publisher of Saint Anthony Messenger Press.
The theme of the Prayer Service centered on the Ministry of the Word--getting the Good News out through various media; print, video, audio. Saint Anthony Messenger and Saint Anthony Messenger Press are our biggest ministries for spreading the Word of God. The Bookshop is a commercial outlet for the Press. The staff of the Bookshop deserve much credit and thanks for their continued ministry and dedication to their/our ministry. (Pictured at the top right is Sr. Elaine Becker talking with Fr. Jeremy. At the right in the background are Antawon Ingram and Mark Utley who is Store Manager.)
You can learn more about Saint Francis Bookshop--and order books, videos, or audios-- at: www.stfrancisonline.com.